Galleries Week | 12 – 19 April 2017 | Warehouse421
Warehouse421 in partnership with Abu Dhabi Art presents Galleries Week, open at Warehouse421 in Abu Dhabi between 12-19 April. The inaugural event showcases six galleries, presenting a wide variety of artworks at a range of price points. With prices beginning at AED 2,000, Galleries Week offers first-time art buyers entry into the world of collecting.
Dedicated to enabling galleries to connect with Abu Dhabi residents during the year, the week-long event will feature local and regional galleries: Salwa Zeidan from Abu Dhabi, Cuadro Fine Arts Gallery and ElMarsa from Dubai and ATHR and Hafez Gallery from Jeddah alongside GALLERIA CONTINUA from Italy, France, China and Cuba.
Participating galleries will showcase works by emerging artists, offering an opportunity for residents to discover and buy art and engage with the cultural scene in Abu Dhabi through a programme of talks, performances, workshops and film screenings.
Commenting on the occasion of the opening, Faisal Al Hassan, of Warehouse421 said: “This inaugural event marks the first time that such an event takes place in the Capital. Warehouse421 is giving galleries the chance to connect with new art buyers in the UAE, and is offering the public the opportunity to learn more about how to buy and collect art. Through this event we hope to demystify the process for the community and highlight the accessibility of the art world and of collecting. The programme of events has something for the entire family and we look forward to welcoming visitors to Galleries Week.”
Dyala Nusseibeh, Director, Abu Dhabi Art commented: “Through Galleries Week we hope to encourage the next generation of art collectors as part of an ecosystem that is vital to the region; collectors enable galleries to exist, galleries support artists, artists inspire people and enable museums to show exhibitions. We are thrilled to be collaborating with Warehouse421 on this initiative as they already play such a key role in providing an educational platform for the arts. Together we will run a series of educational workshops and events for diverse audiences. Whether you’re looking to buy art now, or in the future, there is something for every art lover and we look forward to welcoming visitors all week.”
The inaugural event will showcase six galleries, presenting a wide variety of artworks at a range of price points. With prices beginning at AED 2,000, Galleries Week offers first-time art buyers entry into the world of collecting.
Schedule of Events:
- Wednesday 12 April 2017 | Event Opening
- Wednesday 12 April 2017 | Talk: Rule #1 Buy What You Love, 18:00 – 19:00
- Wednesday 12 April 2017 | Performance: DJ Moyo, 19:00 – 22:00
- Thursday 13 April 2017 | Performance: ABRI & FUNK RADIUS, 19:30 – 22:00
- Friday 14 April | Family Workshop: Watercolor Fun!, 15:00 – 22:00
- Friday 14 April | Family Workshop: Creative Collage, 15:00 – 22:00
- Friday 14 April | Performance: Carl & The Reda Mafia, 19:30 – 20:00
- Saturday 15 April | Family Workshop: Watercolor Fun!, 15:00 – 22:00
- Saturday 15 April | Family Workshop: Creative Collage, 15:00 – 22:00
- Saturday 15 April | Performance: Sima Dance Group, 19:30 – 20:30
- Saturday 15 April | Performance: Adam Baluch: Saturday, 20:30 – 22:00
- Saturday 15 & Sunday 16 April – Workshop: Led by the Italian visual artist, Serse, from Galleria Continua, 16:00 – 21:00
- Monday 17 April 2017 | Closed
- Tuesday 18 April | Family Workshop: Colourful Calligraphy, 16:00 – 22:00
- Wednesday 19 April –| Film Screening as part of Warehouse421’s Wednesdays at the Warehouse series: L’é Chappée (2016) and Lights Of Rome (2016), 19:30 – 22:00
#LuxeNews #LuxeList #LuxeApproved #TheLuxeDiary